Friday, June 18, 2010

The First Drive

Yesterday was a big day for Liz and I. The first driving attempt in Australia! Betty, Liz, and I all piled into the car and took a drive down the Nepean Highway down the penisula to Mornington to give me a little experience behind the Wheel. Driving on the Left side of the Road wasn't much of a problem. The biggest issue was remembering that the turn signal is on the right hand side of the wheel and the controls for the windshield wipers are on the left hand side of the wheel. Because of this slight change I was constantly turning on the windshield wipers every time I tried to make a turn. By the end of the drive I had pretty much gotten the hang of the turn signals too so I don't think that driving will be too bad. Also, round-abouts are all over Australia on our trip I drove through no less than 15 round-abouts!
Today Betty left for Perth so are life line has officially gone and we are now on our own (plus the dogs). Liz and I spent the day exploring a little more of downtown Frankston and we also stopped by a tourism center on the beach boardwalk near our house. We spoke with the workers there who were very friendly and helpfull and left with pamphlets on all kinds of things to do in the surrounding area. We now have information on everything from wine tours to hedge mazes so we will have plenty to do and write about later on.

No comments: