Today was my 25th birthday! I've had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket (thanks family!) and I finally decided what to do with it. A few weeks ago I saw a great cookbook that was really inspiring, but would have done us no good without a pasta maker. I realized this morning that the birthday money was enough to buy both! I also picked up an adorable apron since I'm super messy in the kitchen and it matches the color scheme of the book (might not be a priority for all chefs, but coordination counts)..JPG)
I went with the high-end pasta maker since parts will always be available for it, even when we live back in the states. I also got some ravioli molds that we will experiment with another day.
Somehow I got the pasta dough to work! It may have been beginners luck, but neither of us expected it to work out this well on our first try. We don't have a drying rack, so we dried the pasta between two cardboard boxes using some chopsticks.
We focused so much energy on the pasta itself, that we decided to make a really simple sauce. Yum!
Look at us, living in Australia, making homemade pasta!
4 comments:
That pasta looks great! Regardless of "beginners touch" I didn't have such luck the first time I made pasta.
Happy Birthday Elizabeth. The pasta looks yummy!
Happy Birthday Liz! Pasta looks absolutely delicious :) I've got to get a pasta machine one of these days too....
Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Elizabeth! We are thinking of you. :)
Post a Comment