Saturday, February 26, 2011

We have been keeping really busy since moving into the city last month.  Jeff has been able to join a Capoeira class that meets twice a week.  They had an outdoor rojda a few weeks ago that drew a big crowd of spectators.  
After spending the afternoon in a museum, some nice ladies came up behind us at a crosswalk and said "Your PERFECT!!! We need him!"  It turns out they were doing a scavenger hunt for a friend's wedding and Jeff looks just like the groom (without his glasses).  We agreed that they could take a picture with Jeff only if I could take a picture of their group for our blog.  
 The Melbourne Museum is a blast because it is one of those natural history museums with a little of everything.  For example, here is a really old giant tortoise and armadillo skeleton/shell (I don't really know what they are!).  Also pictured: a regular sized Jeff.
 This is the old parliament building.  The new parliament building is UGLY!  They definitely traded down!
 Every year St. Kilda puts on a huge free music festival.  We saw the Hungry Kids of Hungry, but the crowd made us feel really old.  The drinking age in Australia is 18...that's a big mistake.  Nothing ruins a pub/concert/life like drunk 18 year olds.  It was fun anyway though!  Also, isn't the seagull in the sign doing a great bald eagle impression?  So majestic.
 St. Kilda Beach
 We went to a cricket match!  It was hard for us to follow because everyone wears white so you can't tell who is one what team.  Next time Jeff goes to a match he is going to bring someone to explain the rules.  I think I'll stick to footy. 
 We went out for valentines dinner at a cute French restaurant on our block.  I like having restaurants around the corner because I can only wear heals for about 30 feet before I wuss out.  

No comments: