Friday, May 31, 2013

It's the final countdown!

I submitted my thesis today and it's less than one week until we arrive home in the US! WHAT?!?! Most of you probably know from my facebook post last week that submitting is the final step of the Ph.D., kinda. My dissertation is bound, but now it's sent off to two reviewers to stare at it for months while deciding whether or not I get the degree. Only then am I Dr. Sund. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly, because I'm skipping the country! Good luck tracking me down, suckas!
After submitting, the lady behind the counter gave me a little box  from Monash. I gave them my heart, and they gave me a pen.
Catharine Trotter Cockburn was a badass. If you feel like reading my dissertation, you can check out the first chapter here, or I can send you a pdf. (While you are on my website, if you could just go ahead and give me a job, that would be great. Thanks.). 

I bought myself a cake as a reward! 
Jeff and I get pretty excited about cake.

Felicity has been doing great. She is seventeen months old now and have become a huge goofus. She gets it from her father.

First hair cut! The lady did it for free, so I didn't object to the fact that she put shell boobs on my daughter. 
Felicity just needed a little bangs trim. She was starting to look like the lead singer of AFI. I can't believe I remember that guy's silly hair cut. If you remember his hair cut too, then you have no right to make fun of me! And if you don't remember his hair cut, count yourself luck and never think of it again.



The rest of these photos are a little older, mostly from early April.

Felicity picked out a tiger pillow pet for the plane ride. Thanks Great Grandma Sund!
She only likes to wear this read sweater as a hood. Then she runs over to the stove to check out her reflection. When she wears it, we say "The Crimson Cowl is on the prowl!". She has quite a few super hero personas.  She also really likes to wear the little diaper covers for under dresses over her pants, enhancing any super powers gained by the crimson cowl. 
Hanging out in the cupboard.

I didn't take many pictures during my parent's trip here in April, since they have a nicer camera and usually had more free hands that I did. In this picture my dad is giving Felicity her morning oatmeal in the hotel room.






Felicity loves to run around the library. She never reads at the library, she only runs and pulls books down off the shelf. Luckily, the kids area is set up with that in mind.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to do a toy run to Minot, ND! Congratulations on finishing your PhD! Can't wait to order a copy!
Love, Mom

Greg S said...

The prophecy is nearly fulfilled. You guys are almost back again. You are great parents. We are really looking forward to having you within a reasonable distance.