Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm joking about the meat hook, just so you know

Last weekend one of my friends from UND was in town, so we took her out to explore the Mornington Peninsula.  We went back to Red Hill Cheese and had lunch at Red Hill Brewery.  I  don't think there is any connection between the two businesses other than the fact that they are both on Red Hill.  The beer was tasty and the food was great.  Sadly, beer is still outrageously expensive, even when you try to buy it directly from the producer.  In the picture of Shannon below, you can really see the beer paddles they use for tasting.  The paddles have four holes cut in each of them to hold four little glasses of beer.

Today we took the dogs for a very muddy walk near where we live because it finally stopped raining for a while.

Kasey loves to dig his face into the sand then smile up at us, proud as can be.
They were so muddy that we gave them baths before they could come into the house, at which point they morphed into crazies!  We tried to snap of a picture of their wet faces, but they were having too much fun running around.
Kasey and Bella usually are not too excited by toys, but Kasey was in the mood to play tug-of-war while he was drying off.  However, the game ended as soon as we threw the toy for him to fetch.  "Oh sure humans, just when I was having fun you throw away the toy!  I guess I'll just lick my foot for half an hour instead.  Sigh."
We bought this cute bird feeder to hang in the courtyard.  Jeff has informed me that Kookaburras, my favorite Australian bird, are meat eaters.  I guess that means we will have to hang meat off of hooks next to the heart shaped bird feeder.  Decidedly less romantic, undoubtedly more fair.

1 comment:

Greg S said...

I have a feeling Shannon is one of many friends you'll see in the next few years. The two of you have created a great excuse to visit Australia - as if anyone really needs one. Ha!