Sunday, August 8, 2010

The sign said "Hedgemaze," we said "Heck Yeah!"

The last week has been very exciting, in a nice low-key kind of way.  First, we've invested in some nice bikes to get around town when we no longer have the car in January.  I haven't ridden a bike in over ten years, so it was a little tricky to pick up again.  Jeff is very athletic and coordinated, so he had no problem.  I, however, am neither of those things and we live in a hilly area, so the first ride was more difficult for me.  I like riding down the hills!  At least we got rewarded for our hard work with beautiful views of the ocean and great weather.
Check out my sweet bike basket!  Yeah, I'm cool like that.

Today, we went for a drive in the direction of some mountains that we could see from our suburb.  It took about and hour and a half to reach them.  While walking around the adorable town of Healesville we saw a sign that said "Hedgemaze ->" and we didin't take much more convincing than that.  So began our training for The Triwizard Tournament.  
Me, creeping in the maze.
Jeff, either creeping or being cool.  It's tough to tell.  
This is a maze in the making.  It is completely made of rosemary and will take several years to grow to full size.
The best part about the hedgemaze was the amazing view from every angle.




This picture was taken a few days ago when we were exploring Mt. Eliza village.  The ocean never stops being breathtaking!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing adventure with us Liz!

Greg S said...

Wonderful photos. It is obviously a tough winter. Ha! I'm glad you've taken up biking. It is by far my favorite way to truly experience the outdoors.

Unknown said...

I'm a bit jealous of the basket on your bicycle! And that maze looks awesome!

Brittany said...

I, like Laura, am jealous of your bike basket!

I so enjoy following you and Jeff on your Aussie adventures. It really makes me miss you and our adventures in Johnstone during my senior and your sophomore year at UND. :(