Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No news is good news!

We haven't written a blog post in a really long time since we have been busy doing boring married stuff like working and sleeping.  In between the working and sleeping we have done a few picture worthy things.  First, we bought some beautiful Australian flowers!  I don't usually like flowers much, but these were so pretty.  I adored them for about a week, before I saw the slugs growing inside the vase.  I'm never allowing flowers in the home again.  SLUGS!  WHAT?  yuck.
Whenever Jeff and I are working in the office we bring in the dogs' beanbag so they can keep us company.  More often than not, it seems as though we are actually taking care of one dog with two heads.  Bella seems to be enjoying the cuddle more that Kasey in that picture.
Sometimes, those dogs look so comfy that Jeff just can't resist!

A few weekends ago we went to a local bookstore and were clearly in a rustic mood since we purchased The Farmer's Wife Quilt and Grillhouse Gastropub at Home (which sadly looks like it is only available in  Australia).  Here is what the quilt will look like when it is done.  There are 111 six inch squares that are all totally different.
I've only made a few squares for the quilt so far, but there are my favorites.  I don't have a sewing machine, so I'm doing the whole thing by hand.  It will probably take me a few years to finish completely, but I'm really enjoying it.  Some of the squares have over 30 pieces!

Jeff has been making the most amazing food from this cookbook!  As it turns out, the best pub in Australia is our kitchen!
Here is a picture from the publisher, which gives the feel of the yummy yummy food.

No comments: