Because we are staying in Australia for Christmas, we decided to spend the whole day outside enjoying the beautiful weather. The rain finally let up just in time for Christmas Eve and our fancy picnic. We ate our deliciously pungent treats by the ocean with a bunch of very optimistic seagulls.
As you can see, I'm doing whatever I can to protect my pasty skin from the killer Australian sun. You can feel it cooking you if you stay out for too long.
We found a pirate ship!
Since it is so hot outside we are having a margarita Christmas. We are also rocking some sweet paper hats that came out of our Crackers. It's a British tradition that is huge in Australia. You might remember these hats/crackers from the Harry Potter movies whenever they show a Christmas scene.
3 comments:
Merry Christmas! Ave a good un!
Merry Christmas to you two! I'm quite familiar with the sun-baking-the-skin-off feeling... trust me, you never get used to it ;) Lots of love -- Stephanie
Merry Christmas. We just had a visit with Mike. He is buried in snow or at least it looks that way. We were supposed to have a white Christmas, but so far, it looks like a dud. Love the hats. Now I'll have to pay attention next time we watch a Harry Potter movie.
Post a Comment