Saturday, July 23, 2011

Parrots

Yesterday while Jeff and I were doing some outdoor chores to enjoy the sunshine, our parrot friends Frank and Inigo came to visit.  I think they would have stayed longer if it weren't for Shobi's barking.  Shobi can't see or hear very well so I don't think she even noticed the parrots, but she was upset that we were standing next to the door without paying attention to her or letting her inside.  
As you can see, Shobi is barking at us, not the parrots!  She doesn't bark much, only when she is confused or being silly.  We think this bark means "Why are you looking at me like that?  HEY!"
 This photo was taken around 18-ish weeks.  I never remember exactly when we take the random photos.  I'm still feeling good and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.  I haven't felt the baby move yet that I know of, but hopefully I'll be able to feel some definitive movements soon.  
 Shobi is always happiest when we all pile on the couch together.  She is 15 years old so her face is going grey making it very expressive.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shobi is cute! Are those wild parrots? There's some part of my brain that refuses to believe that parrots exist in the wild. The thought is just out of my league. Glad to hear things are still going well. Thanks for the update! :)

Elizabeth said...

Yup, there are 20-30 different wild parrots in our trees at any given time. The other blue and yellow breed like to stay high in the trees so we can never get photos of them. You can hear all of them in the background of that video though.