Thursday, October 6, 2011

29 weeks

I'm 29 weeks along and Kickpuncher is getting BIG.  When Plato wrote about the physical body distracting us from the contemplation of eternal forms, I don't think he had a clue just how distracting it can be to have a mini pugilist in one's stomach while attempting to write philosophy.  Kickpuncher seems to be happy and healthy.  The only bump in the road so far has been a sudden iron deficiency, but according to Jeff the plus side is that I now how a natural defense against Magneto.
We've decorated the nursery a bit so that the walls aren't so bare.  My sister let us print off some of her colorful art to go above Kickpuncher's crib.  Gwen is taking care of our cat Harvey while we are in Australia so he has made it into a lot of her paintings.  
 Since the baby will spend the first year or two of her life on the opposite side of the earth from our families, we wanted to make sure she has lots of pictures to look at so she can get to know people's faces.  Luckily we already had pictures of all the grandparents and great grandparents from the wedding.
 My main goal in decorating was keeping it cheap, so I decided to make one of those trendy banners out of scraps from a quilt I've been working on (and probably will continue to work on for 10-15 years).  The secret to this banner is double sided tape instead of actual sewing.  I'm like a lazy Martha Stewart.  It's a good thing.
 It's a viking bib!  
 Kasey has the best expressions.
 We have different types of parrots at the Frankston house that are all very pretty but not as sociable as Frank and Inigo.  Every time these ones land in our bushes I try to get a picture of them, but this was the best I could do.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Love the baby's room too!! Nice art work above the baby's crib!

Unknown said...

Kickpuncher's room is so cute! I'm glad to hear that you're doing alright, and that you're immune to Magneto. I was getting worried about that lol. Love ya'!