Last month I made Kickpuncher her Christmas stocking to match the ones I made for us last year. The snowman turned out great, he looks psyched to be hanging out in a beaded snowstorm. I miss the snow back home so it was fun to recreate that chilly feeling in a stocking for the baby. I know it's still a bit early for Christmas decorations, but we plan to celebrate Thanksgiving next week and I know it won't feel like Thanksgiving unless we have some decorations up. Plus I'm pregnant so I make the rules!
As most of you know, we decided a while ago to name the baby Felicity. It isn't set in stone until after her birth, but it is set in embroidery which makes it about %99.97 sure. After seeing her bounce around during the entire ultrasound, we just knew a name meaning "happiness" was perfect for her. We think it will be really funny if she ever goes through a goth phase as a teenager.

We've been getting things ready little by little. Last week Jeff installed the car seat so that we will be ready no matter when Kickpuncher decides to make her entrance. I'm glad I snapped a quick photo since it seems like installing the car seat is an important rite of passage for Dads. Jeff accomplished the feat without a single cuss word which bodes well for the future. I was expecting it to be much more complicated than it turned out to be.
This is a bonus photo that really doesn't have anything to do with anything, but we thought it was funny. Coke is doing a bizarre promotion where they say "Share a coke with ______" on the back. This one said "Share a coke with your Pop" but we like to think of it as vindication that midwesterners have been right about the proper name of this beverage all along.
3 comments:
Does the snowman have the English paper crown on her head? Cool! I hope I can download the stocking photos and send them to Evelyn Murdy, she will love them!
I'm so excited for this little one to join us!
You're a good Daddy Jeff!
Great job on the stocking. The Church ladies in Lead, SD would be proud. I'm impressed also about Jeff's car seat installation without verbal frustration. The Coke promote hasn't reached here yet. They are doing white cans for the save the polar bears campaign. I agree, Coke owes the polars bears a lot!
It's a little stocking cap with a pompom on top, but the pompom didn't show up very well on the photo. If you right click on the photos, you should be able to save them to your computer. I hope the church ladies like them!
Post a Comment