
Since today was my first full day of winter break, I spent the whole time doing crafts. I haven't had any time for crafts since starting grad school, which is sad because doing crafts is one of my favorite pastimes. I decided to make monograms to go on the presents we are bringing home to North Dakota instead of regular name tags. After doing some internet research on illuminated manuscripts, I chose to make every letter look unique. Brendan's is probably my favorite because of the cool interlocking vines. It's designed after a 16th century "B" that I found. I designed Jeff's myself because he has been very interested in Vikings lately and has always been a fan of monsters. This picture isn't the best because I took it with the cell phone, but I'll have Jeff take a better photo once the monograms are on the presents.
I've only wrapped a few of the presents so far, but they look beautiful. However, Jeff was totally right about the paper I picked out...there is glitter everywhere! Poor Harvey probably has glitter-lung now! It would have helped if Harvey would stay off the coffee table where I was wrapping the presents. Rolling in glitter is a bad idea if the only way you have to clean yourself is by licking your own fur. Bad move Harvey, bad move.
No comments:
Post a Comment