This weeks entry is about Felicity's favorite object in the world. She has always been a fan of this blue lamp, but now that she has learned to coo the level of her adoration for it has become clear. In our house, this lamp is like the Beatles. Every time it comes into Felicity's line of sight she takes some time out to smile and coo at it. We've started aiming her swing in its direction so that she can smile at it while she relaxes. Most of her afternoon feeds include a break specifically for admiring the beauty of this lamp.
We've never even turned this lamp on! It belongs to the owner of the house and has a burnt-out bulb that we've never replaced since we don't use it. And yet, it has become one of the most important parts of Felicity's life.
In non-lamp related news, I return to work next week. I've been doing some trial runs this week by practicing with the wrap and I think things will go fairly smoothly. I'm planning to bring Felicity with me to campus but it could get tricky because I take a 40 minute bus ride to get there. I'm not sure how that will go and I'm a little worried about cranky undergrads ganging up on me for messing with their bus "study" time (read: watching movies on iPads). Babies are allowed on the inter-campus shuttle buses, so at least I can cite the rules if she cries the whole time. I probably won't try going to the campus library though, even though I'm pretty sure the rules would back me up there as well.
If anyone tries to mess with me, I'll just show them Felicity's cute face. Or maybe I'll show them a picture of the lamp since that cheers Felicity up so well.
3 comments:
Felicity has pretty fabulous taste in lamps. It's so cute listening to her laugh!
Felicity is really finding her voice.
TLove Love Love Love to see her coo at lamp!
Post a Comment