The enormity of the next few months is really starting to set in for the two of us, now that we are back to our regular daily schedules and out of vacation mode. We are such a mix of crazy emotions right now, from excited about marriage and Australia, to scared about moving to Australia, to sad about leaving our cat behind (he will live with Gwen, who will take good care of him for sure). Every time I think about the fact that I will begin my PhD(!)...as a married woman(!!)...in another country(!!!) on June 30th (!!!!!), I start to freak out just a little.
We have started talking about what we want to give away, what we should sell, and what we should put into storage in someone's attic while we are in Australia. We will be moving as minimalists and hopefully we will be able to find a furnished apartment. Pretty soon we have to start the process of getting the visa, which I'm pretty sure includes chest x-rays. Why chest x-rays, Australia? Are you afraid I'm smuggling a plague of frogs in my lungs, which I decided to implant in my body six months in advance? You caught me!
Melbourne sure does look nice though, doesn't it? Marriage looks pretty good too! But until then I'll just be that woman in the corner, hyperventilating and making to-do lists.

1 comment:
Haha. Sounds familiar.
Curious theory about the plague of frogs. I wouldn't put that idea past them. :) :)
Post a Comment