Friday, January 1, 2010

2010!



The last week has been a very busy one! First, we had to brave the huge snow storm that hit Minot ND with Jeff's family. Because over two feet of snow fell in a very short time, we were unable to drive up the hill to the Dick's home. Like all good North Dakotans, the family kept winter gear in the back of the car for just these kinds of situations. We put on boots, gloves, hats, and heavy coats before trudging up the hill. Luckily we made it to the top with out resorting to Donner party style solutions.



After we made it safely back to Atlanta, I immediately began planning the wedding along with help from both of our parents. I am beginning to think I am the luckiest bride in the world, because we already have a dress, invitations, photographer, venue, and reception cite lined up! We are planning to have a very small wedding in Minot in June with just immediate family and a handful of close friends. I'm trying to get as much done this week as possible, because once school starts I have to focus on teaching and my thesis. I'll finish my masters the first week of May, while Jeff will work on selling/giving away/shipping home all of our belongings. Then we will drive cross country to drop Harvey off with my sister who has offered to care for him while we are in Australia. After that we will drive up to Minot to quickly prepare for the wedding, get married, then ship off to Melbourne! It's going to be the busiest six months I can imagine, but Jeff and I will be able to do it all together.

No comments: